The college Library is established in the year 1993. It is a main source of knowledge, which is an integral and important part of our institute of higher learning. The library aims to stock all the books and periodicals that the students and faculties are expected to read and enrich literary strength.
AIM OF LIBRARY
The committee formed for the year 2018-19 as under.
- To develop collection of reading material useful for various courses.
- To provide full information support to the teaching-learning process in the college.
- To provide various library services and facilities to the readers mostly our academic students.
- To support research activity for its progress and qualitative development.
- To support institution for developing quality of learning and teaching.
- Mr. S. S. Pradhan : Chairman
- Dr. S. R. Sitre : Member
Two meetings of Library Committees are organized in an academic year, i.e. one in first term and another second term. We also held frequent communication among committee members to have discussion on various Library related issues whenever feel so.
LIBRARY WORKING HOURS- BOOK ISSUE/RETURN DAYS AND TIMING
Official Library Opening & Operating Hours
LIBRARY COLLECTION AS ON SESSION 2018-19
- Working Days : Monday to Saturday (Except Holidays)
- Working Hours : 8.30am. to 4.30pm. (On all working days)
- Circulation Timings : 8.30am. to 4.30pm. (On all working days)
- During Exam Days : 8.30am. to 4.30pm.
- During Vacation : 8.30am. to 4.30pm.
- Reading Room : 8.30am. to 4.30pm.
READERS OF THE LIBRARY
- Total Book Collection : 14782
- Total Titles : 8457
- Textbooks : 9163
- Reference Books : 5619
- Current Year Journals Subscribed : 15
- Back Bound volumes of Journals : 50
- Newspaper : 05
- Magazines : 10
- E-Information Resources CDs /DVD’s : 25
All the students, faculty members and non-teaching staff of the college are entitled to get the membership of the library.
- College Students (UG/PG)
- Contributory (CHB) Faculty
- Non Teaching Staff
- Research Scholar
LIBRARY SERVICES AND FACILITIES
The library has a key role in supporting the academic activities of the institution by establishing, maintaining and promoting the following library and information services, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Borrowing facility
- Each UG/PG Student : 2 Books (1 book for 7 Days)
- Faculty Members : 10 books (No Limit in one academic year)
- Non-Teaching Staff : 5 books
- Current issues of journals and periodicals are made available to the students and faculty members in the Reading Room. Back issues of journals and periodicals are issued for home-lending for 2 days.
- Current Awareness Service (CAS)
The list of new arrival (Books & Journals) is published in print form and displayed on the Display Stand for information of students and faculty and also new arrivals Books and Journals are displayed on display stand.
- Current Titles Alert (CTA)
CTA stand for Current Titles Announcement Service. Our Library has started this service from 15th August, 2015. It is a Monthly in-house publication based on receipt of current journals and Books in the college Library. It is a current-awareness service. The purpose of a current-awareness service is to inform the users about new acquisitions in libraries.
- Open Access
Open Access is given only to the PG student and the faculty members.
- Study Room
Study Room Facility is available to students and faculty members, during the library hours i.e. 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
Sitting Capacity: 30 students
- Internet Facility
Internet facility is given to the all user. It is free of charge for faculty and students.
- Reference Service
The reference books are made available to the readers during library hours. The personal assistance as guidance and help is provided, if required to the new readers to make use of the reference book.
- Question Papers
The sets of Gondwana University as well as RTM Nagpur university last examination question papers are made available to faculty and students in the library.
- News Paper Clipping Service
The library is receiving Newspapers, Magazines and periodicals. The important news and information cuttings pertaining to topical interest are brought to the notice of student and staff of the college.
Library has generated electronic database of 13768 books using LIBMAN software developed by Master Software Company, Nagpur. Fully Computerization is in process. After completion of computerization it will facilitates as:
- Information about any book and periodical within fraction of second to the user.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) allows students and teachers to find any book of his/her interest.
- New arrival book list provides updates of Library collection.
- Budget allocation and expenditure.
- Online staff issue provides details and statistics of reading.
E-Content Management using Calibre open sources software. This software application suite which runs on multiple platforms, allows users to manage e-book collections as well as to create, edit, and read e-books and other e-contents like lecturers notes, and any other electronic content.
LIBRARY RULES FOR STUDENTS
- Identity Card is compulsory for all enrolled students for availing of library facilities.
- Misbehavior and misuse of Identity Card is an offence and the student responsible for the same is liable for disciplinary action.
- In case of any grievances the users should contact to Librarian or Principal.
- Readers of the library may recommend resources for procurement. The library will procure the books and journals on approval by the principal.
- Study Room
("Study Room" is kept open from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. on all working.)
- No admission is permitted in study room without Identity Card.
- Students can borrow Text Books, Journals; Question paper sets, News Paper & Magazines on their Identity Card in the study room.
- Books / Study materials issued in the study room will have to be returned before leaving the study room, otherwise a fine of Rs. 5/- will be charged per day.
- Indiscipline/ misbehavior of the student will be liable for the disciplinary action.